Garmin Basecamp is a no-cost application that works only on Windows and Mac operating systems. If you wish to use this software on your smart device, then you can’t. It is not supported by mobile phones. The following are the essential steps that you must follow for downloading and installing the software on your computer system. Since the process varies with the operating system, hence, we have provided a thorough procedure for both.
Download the Garmin Basecamp:
- Launch a web browser that is updated and secure to use.
- Then, locate the address field and enter the relevant URL into it. To navigate to the Garmin Basecamp webpage, you have to use the URL “Garmin.com/basecamp”.
- The window that will now show up will consist of information about the application. Review it to learn more about the basecamp.
- As you move down the window, you will find two distinct download tabs. These tabs are for Windows and Mac OS. Choose the tab in accordance with the OS you are using.
- Now, a new window will come into view. Click the “Download” tab from it.
- The basecamp application will start downloading immediately after you click the link. The download process is a matter of a few minutes.
- Wait, without closing the web browser or the system. When completed, the file will itself get saved to its default location.
Install the Application on Windows:
- To get the process started, you have to click the setup file of Garmin basecamp twice.
- Now, you might get the popup box asking for your approval to run the application. Permit it by clicking “Yes”.
- The installation wizard will now come into view.
- From the welcome window, click “Next” and then go through the license agreement.
- After reviewing the terms and conditions, accept the agreement by tick marking the stated checkbox and press “Next”.
- The installation will now commence. After waiting for a minute, the completion message will be shown to you. To come out of the wizard, click the “Exit” tab.
Garmin Basecamp Installation on Mac:
- Double-click the setup file that you have downloaded on your Mac device.
- It will now extract the files and provide you the “.pkg” file. Click it to get the installation wizard.
- Now, click “Continue” from the primary screen.
- The License Agreement will appear. Read it and accept by selecting “Agree”. The popup box acceptance will appear after clicking “Continue”.
- After that, review the details about the software and make the selection of the preferred location to save the file.
- As you click “Install” from the wizard, you will be asked to enter your administrative credentials. After entering, confirm them.
- The application will now start installing. Wait and conclude the process.