Some of the Garmin devices can be easily updated directly with the help of the Wifi. It simply means you are no longer needed to link your device with the Garmin express application for the purpose of installing the maps and software updates. Here is the explained procedure by pursuing which you can update your device with ease.
- In the early phase, bring up your Garmin device near to your router in order to get strong signals from your Wifi. Then, turn on your Garmin device and tap the “Settings” icon. It will display the “All Settings” window, tap on the Wireless Networks option.
- Beneath the section of Wifi, you have to enable the Wifi technology option by marking the checkbox placed there.
- Following this, tap on the “Search for Networks” option, and from the extended list of nearby Wifi, select your personal network. If your Wifi is security-enabled, input your passphrase also.
- Now, tap on the back-arrow key to go back to the Settings window. Then, select the Updates option and your Garmin device will begin looking for the available updates.
- Both the Map and Software Updates if available will be shown to you. Software update is important to install in order to keep your garmin GPS device up-to-date and to run smoothly.
- So, tap on the “Install All” tab and then take a quick look at the “End User License Agreement”. If you concur with all the statements of the agreement, tap “Accept All” for moving forward with the “Garmin GPS Update” process.
- On the screen of “Important Installation Notes”, you should tap Start. This will start installing the updates. It is to be remembered that you should not unplug your GPS device from the power outlet until all the Garmin updates get done.